[mapguide-users] AJAX viewer busy state

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Thu Jul 19 03:50:33 EDT 2007

I have not tried to implement a "Stop" feature.
It might be difficult, since the requests are not stored in a list, and
thus cannot be easily canceled.
You should look into the "ajaxmappane.templ" file for
"RequestMap"/"OnMapRequested".

The busystate is easy in 1.2, since the loading marker is present.
You can hook into the code that updates the "loading" marker like this:

var isBusy = true;
var loading = null;
var loaded = null;

function myLoading()
{
isBusy = true;
}
function myLoaded()
{
isBusy = false;
loaded();
}
loaded = iframe.GetMapFrame().OnMapLoaded;
iframe.GetMapFrame().OnMapLoaded = myLoaded;
iframe.GetMapFrame().OnMapLoading = myLoading;

If you must support 1.1 or older, you can look at the code that calls
OnMapLoaded/OnMapLoading in 1.2, and retrofit that into an older
version. If you do it by hooking into the functionality, you don't have
to modify the viewer files.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S