[mapguide-users] A plea for help: MapGuide Open Source & OWS specifications

John Roberts johnemyr at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 22 15:30:34 EDT 2007

Dear All

I sent a post to the mailing list on Tuesday 17th July with queries on how
MapGuide Open Source conforms with the OWS specifications (see below). The
information will be included in my Master's dissertation which I am doing
with UNIGIS. As yet, I haven't had a response which covers the points below
in detail. I haven't been able to find any detailed information on this
within the MapGuide Open Source documentation.

I would be very grateful if a developer could contact me as to whether they
think they would be able to answer the queries for me within the next couple
of weeks. My dissertation has to be handed in by the beginning of September.
I would very much like to include MapGuide Open Source within the document
as I think it is a very interesting entry in the Open Source GIS product
portfolio.

I realise that the time that developers give to exercises like this comes
out of their free time. I would like to say that I do appreciate this and I
am very grateful for the help that may be given.

Kind Regards

John Roberts
Manchester, UK

OWS Specifications
Web Map Service (WMS) 1.3.0
1.	Does MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 support the GetCapabilities, GetMap &
GetFeatureInfo requests?
2.	Is MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 CITE WMS 1.1.0 compliant?
3.	Is MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 CITE WMS 1.3.0 compliant?

Styled Layer Descriptor (SLD) 1.0
1.	Does MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 support:
a.	The extended GetMap request, GET only? (SLD, SLD_BODY, REMOTE_OWS_SERVICE
& REMOTE_OWS_URL parameters)
b.	DescribeLayer request, GET only?
c.	GetLegendGraphic request, GET only?
d.	GetStyles, GET only?
e.	PutStyles, GET only?
2.	Does MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 support the OGC SLD 1.0 XML document
specification?

Web Map Context (WMC) 1.1
1.	Does MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 support the OGC WMC 1.1.0 Validation?

Web Feature Service (WFS) 1.1
1.	Does MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 support Basic WFS (GetCapabilities,
DescribeFeatureType, GetFeature requests, both GET & POST)?
2.	Does MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 support GetFeatureWithLock (both GET &
POST)?
3.	Does MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 support transactional WFS (Transaction &
LockFeature requests, both GET & POST)?
4.	Does MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 support XLink WFS (GetGmlObject request,
GET & POST)?
5.	Does MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 support the WFS 1.1.0 CITE test?

Filter Encoding 1.1
1.	Does MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 support Filter Encoding?
2.	Does MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 support the Filter Encoding section of
the WFS 1.1.0 CITE test?

GML 3.1.1
1.	Does MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 support GML 3.1.1?
2.	Does MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 support the GML Simple Features section
of the WFS 1.1.0 CITE test?

Web Coverage Service (WCS) 1.1
1.	Does MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 support the GetCapabilities,
DescribeCoverage and the GetCoverage Requests (both GET & POST)?
2.	Does MapGuide Open Source 1.1.0 support the WCS 1.0.0 CITE test?