[mapguide-users] Error with GD2.0.33 building Mapguide

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jul 25 09:51:51 EDT 2007

Ray Holtz wrote:
> Frank, thank you, that got me past that bit of nastyness, onto the next!
>
> I ran ./build_oem.sh again and it got further, and stopped here:
> I'm not sure what it is telling me to do, how do I recreate aclocal.m4
> with aclocal?
>
> Thanks!
>

> ** Configuration summary for gd 2.0.33:
>
>    Support for PNG library:          yes
>    Support for JPEG library:         yes
>    Support for Freetype 2.x library: yes
>    Support for Fontconfig library:   no
>    Support for Xpm library:          no
>    Support for pthreads:             yes
>
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating Makefile
> config.status: creating config/Makefile
> config.status: creating config/gdlib-config
> config.status: creating test/Makefile
> config.status: creating config.h
> config.status: config.h is unchanged
> config.status: executing depfiles commands
>  cd . && /bin/sh /usr/local/maptemp/mapguide/Oem/gd/gd/config/missing
> --run automake-1.9 --foreign
> configure.ac:27: version mismatch.  This is Automake 1.9.6,
> configure.ac:27: but the definition used by this AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
> configure.ac:27: comes from Automake 1.9.2.  You should recreate
> configure.ac:27: aclocal.m4 with aclocal and run automake again.
> make: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
> GD 2.0.33: Error build failed (0).................

Ray,

How do I hate automake?  Let me count the ways...

You might try going into the gd-2.0.33 directory and doing "aclocal" or
even "aclocal --force".

I should warn you that I have never actually built MapGuide on linux.
I'm basing this on a brief inspection of the gd-2.0.33 I have for
other purposes, and a vague cloud of knowledge about automake/autoconf/etc.

Best regards,