[mapguide-users] Map Layers Transferring Between Users

passionlessDrone ScottB at talgov.com
Wed Jul 25 16:23:47 EDT 2007

Hello friends -

We've created a piece to dynamically add layers and points based on human
input.  If the user submits input for which there is no matching criteria,
we make no modifications to the map, but I still call
GetMapFrame().Refresh().   Great.  However, if two humans are running the
report, the following can happen:

1) User A runs a report with successful criteria that returns with points
and new layers.  They are displayed correctly on the map at refresh time.
2) User B runs a report with successful criteria that returns with points
and new layers.  They are displayed correctly on the map at refresh time.
2) User A runs a report without succesful crieteria that makes no
modifications to the base map.
3) User A's map refreshes, and he sees the new layers / points that User B
sees.

User A and User B are logged in as separate entities and debugging validates
that they have separate session id values.   The layer names are the same
between the two users.

I suppose I could just write something that when no criteria match I get the
map, get the layers, and strip out any that fit the criteria that the layers
that he 'shouldn't' see, but this is more like hiding the problem than
understanding it and fixing it.  I guess I'm also not sure if this might
impact another user.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

-pD