[mapguide-users] Getting all object Enveloppe

David Hequet david.hequet at free.fr
Mon Jun 4 06:30:59 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to make a fonction that can return me the enveloppe of the entire
visible map (no way with original map extent).

Explain: I have a map "template" with a lot of layers, i have a function
that change all the layer filter (basic filter, no spatial) to see different
map based on that template. Doing that make the "zoom to original extent"
useless, because data are not on the same area.
I wan't to set the new map extent in the MapDefinition.
My ask is about getting the new extent.

I thought to do it like that:

create a new MgSelection
create a new MgFeatureQueryOptions with an empty filter
For Each Layer
{
   Use a featureReader with the MgFeatureQueryOptions
   Add the selected feature to the MgSelection
}
Getting the MgSelection enveloppe

It will work, but i don't think it's very optimized with a lot of
Layer/Feature (and it will used at each map load, filter modification..)

Did someone have a better way?

Thank you!

Ps: sorry for my poor english, ask i you want precision.