[mapguide-users] FDO provider for shape files!

David Hequet david.hequet at free.fr
Thu Jun 7 04:35:35 EDT 2007

You can "read" data with a minimum of two resource:
data resource and layer resource.

SHP with Autodesk Mapguide studio: 2 way:
1) drag your shp into a library path, a dialog frame ask you about import it
and transform it into SDF3 file or  keeping it as shp
2) use a xml file and the Mapagent SetResouce capability (usually
http://localhost/mapguide/mapagent/index.html ) :
Resource ID -> Library://your_library_path/myShp.FeatureSource
Content -> browse file to the xml your created
Header -> keep it blank
then submit

Xml file tempate :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<FeatureSource xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FeatureSource-1.0.0.xsd">
<Provider>OSGeo.SHP</Provider>
<Parameter>
<Name>DefaultFileLocation</Name>
<Value>E:\SHP\</Value>
</Parameter>
</FeatureSource>

The path must be a valid path on the server

In this sample, each SHP's stored in E:\SHP\ will be visible as a different
featureclass

Then create a layer using your shp featuresource to see your data in studio
(you have to create map and layout to see it in a web browser)