[mapguide-users] SetSelectionXML on layer from database (PostgreSQL->PostgGIS)

Maciej Skorczewski maciej.skorczewski at procad.pl
Mon Jun 11 08:18:03 EDT 2007

hi Kenneth!

this is big problem to me because all data are stored in
postgis/postgresql and user can edit it or delate from web browser...

so all data are in one place...

this is my idea:

1. all date are in one database (OGR provider  is "adapter" to this
database - know in MG as "source" for layer)
2. i create many layer whit filter to data ex: level=1, level=2, name=''
etc.

3. i call created layer and make operation on database (change
atributes, delete or even create new shape!), so after refresh  i see it
on web browser  and data source are update for another aplication (like
MAP 3D if you must make more complex operation.).

so know i am i BIG DOT...

maciek