AW: [mapguide-users] Bad Performance using dwf Files

Andy Morsell amorsell at
Tue Jun 12 11:31:31 EDT 2007

I agree, to maintain the graphic fidelity of many things in a DWG file, such
as blocks, hatches, dimensioning and so on, DWF is the best format.  The
slowness you are seeing is attributed to the DWF file having to be accessed
multiple times by multiple MapGuide layers and has been a performance issue
for quite some time, including the older MG6.5 DWF data provider.  It
appears that caching for DWF is not efficiently done.

The single best thing you can do to increase performance is to split up your
DWF's by layer.  This is easy to do if you use Autodesk Studio to import
(load procedure) your DWG file as MapGuide drawing source data and choose to
have it create one drawing source per layer.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: mapguide-users-bounces at
[mailto:mapguide-users-bounces at] On Behalf Of Stephan HOLLAUS
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 3:50 AM
To: MapGuide Users Mail List
Subject: AW: AW: [mapguide-users] Bad Performance using dwf Files

Ok. But in Shape are only the Polygons/Lines/Points which i could use for
feature classes. But I'm searching for I solution for the
Visualisation.(With many blocks, hatches, User defined Linetypes, offestted

mfg Stephan Hollaus
Ingenieur Studio Hollaus
Tel.:   +43 664 3387158
Fax.:  +43 664 77 3387159