[mapguide-users] GCC installation

Chris Gountanis cgountanis at mpower-tech.com
Fri Jun 15 09:56:29 EDT 2007

You won't get much GCC help here if you are doing everything manually. Might
want to hit a GCC newsgroup or IRC channel.

My 2Cents:
When you install FC4 or better yet CentOS 4.5 (Redhat EL) just make sure you
include the DEVELOPMENT TOOLS. This will give you almost everything you need
to get things going. I have heard internally that RedHat Enterprise Linux 4
Update 5 (CentOS 4.5) is fully supported. I hope 5 will be supported with
the new GCC include soon. I had no issues at all compiling everything but
the MySQL and UnixODBC FDO. As far as the server stuff it all is perfect.

Follow the Linux documentation for more information:
http://mapguide.osgeo.org/1.2/documentation.html

Chris