[mapguide-users] PostGIS Provider (Was: OGR Provider)

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Jun 15 13:57:33 EDT 2007

It's pretty close now with the current package:

<http://mateusz.loskot.net/tmp/fdopostgis/?M=D>

So it pretty much depends on Mateusz' current workload and his ability
to dedicate time to finishing it up.

Theming is still not working for me properly with Studio (I get an error
message "Only one function of this type is supported" or something like
that) so there's still something missing from the aggregate support.
And I haven't tested insert/update/delete because I don't currently have
Map 3D installed and I'm too lazy to model in MapGuide.  I believe
others are testing this though.

There are also still some stability issues with multiple concurrent
accesses through the Tiling Service.

If you're going to try this on Windows, make sure that you install the
MSVC++ 2005 SP1 runtime:

<http://preview.tinyurl.com/ywl6wx>

And put the PostgreSQL/bin directory early in the system path to avoid
DLL pain.

Also, all are certainly welcome to look at Mateusz' beautiful code in
Trac/SVN :)

http://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/browser/trunk/Providers/PostGIS

Jason