[mapguide-users] documentation changes

Brad Nesom kidsmake6 at msn.com
Mon Mar 5 11:47:54 EST 2007

I have recently installed mgos 1.1 and the server extensions using the
windows installer. I am getting some connection errors so I started going
through the "installConfigureMgOpenSourceOnWindows.pdf.
Beginning on page 13 it describes how the setup should have occurred.
I see a few differences in the application setup such as using all verbs
rather than just GET,POST.
Also there seems to be a difference between XP_SP1 and WinServer2xxx in the
registery editor. The values...
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FASTCGI]
"MaxPostData"=dword:00000000
"CustomVars"=dword:00000000
"ThreadPoolSize"=dword:0000000a
"BypassAuth"=dword:00000001
"Impersonate"=dword:00000000
"StartServers"=dword:00000001
"IncrementServers"=dword:00000001
"MaxServers"=dword:00000004
"Timeout"=dword:0000003c
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FASTCGI\.fcgi]
"BindPath"="app-mapagent"
"AppPath"="C:\\Program
Files\\MapGuideOpenSource\\WebServerExtensions\\www\\mapagent\\mapagent.exe"
Are shown using dword.
However the installer used for instance
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FASTCGI]
"Timeout"=dword:0000003c
"MaxServers"=dword:00000004
"IncrementServers"=dword:00000001
"StartServers"=dword:00000001
"Impersonate"=dword:00000000
"BypassAuth"=dword:00000001
"ThreadPoolSize"=dword:00000004
"CustomVars"=dword:00000000
"MaxPostData"=dword:00000000
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FASTCGI\.fcgi]
"AppPath"="C:\\Program
Files\\MapGuideOpenSource\\WebServerExtensions\\www\\mapagent\\mapagent.exe"
"BindPath"="app-mapagent"
@=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FASTCGI\.php]
"BindPath"="app-php"
"AppPath"="C:\\Program
Files\\MapGuideOpenSource\\WebServerExtensions\\php\\php-cgi.exe"
@=""
I am assuming that since all of these values were created they are the "new"
correct values, as opposed to the suggested values in the document.
I will post under separate subject for my errors. Just wanted to make a
comment on the documentation here.