[mapguide-users] Viewer API Selection Timing Issues

Walt Welton-Lair walt.welton-lair at autodesk.com
Thu Mar 15 11:12:23 EDT 2007

You're using DWF Viewer right?

With DWF Viewer there's a WaitForMapUpdated API you can call on the
EMapViewer document handler.  That method is precisely there to solve
your kind of problem.  Just call it after the zoom call and before the
select.

I sent you all the DWF Viewer API a while back, so you have the
necessary information.

In general, the difficulty is that the MapGuide "client API" is the API
common to DWF and AJAX.  DWF Viewer has tons more API available (like
this WaitForMapUpdated method) that's just not exposed in the MapGuide
client API layer.

Walt

  _____