[mapguide-users] DWF Viewer now Design Review

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Tue Mar 20 10:34:46 EDT 2007

Walt wrote:

Cool.  Looks like they're giving it away for free for a while.  Grab it while you can.

I'm guessing that it should be for the current year (2008?) at least.  Our office manager mentioned something about our subscription fulfillment dropping design review because it was now free.  And if they toggle it back to paid and don't credit currently paid licenses, there's going to be some upset people around here :)

Personally, though, I think that leaving it as free would be a better long-term strategy if they want to take on PDF from the position they're in.  It would be even better if they LGPL'd it :)  In the meantime, it's a great corporate redlining round-trip tool from MapGuide->DWF->Map if you enable the "Plot to DWF" function in MapGuide.

Jason