[mapguide-users] Suitable Database for MapGuide using FDO

George McLean gmclean at gorge.net
Thu Mar 29 09:49:22 EDT 2007

I have been using MySQL to store spatial features and it seems to work
well. I did find one problem in the FDO provider that came with MGOS.
When reading multiple records in a feature reader, string fields would
not clear from the previous record. This meant that if the first record
had a string field with the data 'abcdef' and the next record had the
string 'xyz' in the same field, the provider would return 'xyzdef' for
the second record. This has been fixed in the FDO provider code but you
will have to recompile the provider yourself, at least that is what I
had to do to get it to work.

George McLean