[mapguide-users] eplot from winform

alucas alucas at srtec.com
Mon May 7 07:35:40 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I want to connect from my winform to mapguide server to get an EPlot. The
first test is a simple test connection winform client like this.

private void Connect_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
                MgUserInformation ui = new MgUserInformation("Anonymous",
                MgSiteConnection siteconn = new MgSiteConnection();
                MgResourceService resourceService =
                MgMappingService mappingService =
                MgMap map = new MgMap();
                map.Open(resourceService, "map");
            catch (Exception ex)

I've added a reference to MapGuideDotNetApi.dll in the project and put all
dll's necessary in the directory. So, I get this error:

- MG 1.1.0 : Invalid argument in map.Open(resourceService, "map"); // the
map name is correct! it seems that the map name is an empty string