[mapguide-users] tuning tips with Sid files?

George McLean gmclean at gorge.net
Wed May 9 15:06:23 EDT 2007

Hello,

Are there any guidelines for performance tuning MGOS using sid files? I
recently added two aerial images to a map using the raster provider. The
images display but of course now a refresh of the map takes much longer.
The sid files are just over 160Mb and there are two of them.

The server is a single processor Pentium D 3.40GHz with 2GB of Ram. OS
is XP Pro Sp2 with Apache, PHP install of MGOS 1.1. Spatial data is
server from MySQL 5.022. Using the maps without the sid files things
perform well. I know the image files are big but I am hoping there are
some settings that might help the performance with the images turned on.

One other note: It seems like when I turn on or off the layers with the
sid files, the map will not refresh even if I pick refresh from the
right click menu on the map. I only get a refresh after panning or zooming.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

George McLean