[mapguide-users] Newbie problem with Web server extensions configuration

azpublic azpublic at bluewin.ch
Fri May 11 23:33:57 EDT 2007

Dear list,

I am currently evaluating MapGuide for a project. I am willing to work with
JSP’s and a preinstalled Tomcat server on a windows machine.

I installed the windows bundle and followed all the instructions provided on
the osgeo configuration documentation, and I managed to test the admin
tools, and import the sample data package.

I also managed to go to HYPERLINK
"http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?OPERATION=ENUMERATERE
SOURCES&VERSION=1.0.0&LOCALE=en&RESOURCEID=Library://&TYPE=&DEPTH=-1"http://
localhost:8008/mapguide/mapagent/mapagent.fcgi?OPERATION=ENUMERATERESOURCES&
VERSION=1.0.0&LOCALE=en&RESOURCEID=Library://&TYPE=&DEPTH=-1 and get the XML
document successfully.

My problem however comes when trying to test the Web server extensions. It
seems that I cant have the Mapguide Apache communicate with my Tomcat server
correctly. When trying the following url HYPERLINK
"http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapviewerajax/ajaxviewer.jsp?WEBLAYOUT=Libra
ry://ATest.WebLayout"http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapviewerajax/ajaxviewer
.jsp?WEBLAYOUT=Library://ATest.WebLayout with Mapserver service started,
MapServer Apache service started and Tomcat service started  all I get is a
redirection to  HYPERLINK
"http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapviewerjava/ajaxviewer.jspajaxviewer.jsp?W
EBLAYOUT=Library://ATest.WebLayout"http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapviewerj
ava/ajaxviewer.jspajaxviewer.jsp?WEBLAYOUT=Library://ATest.WebLayout and a
404 message…

I would really appreciate some help as this server looks very promising for
my project. I can provide with complementary information such as http.conf
from apache and others.

Thanks in advance

Alex

Checked by AVG Free Edition.