[mapguide-users] Creating

George McLean gmclean at gorge.net
Mon May 14 17:22:11 EDT 2007

I have a map created in Autodesk's Mapguide Studio with feature data
coming from a MySQL database. I would like to use this may layout with
the associated feature styles and scale ranges with data from a
different MySQL database containing data from another region but stored
in a similar schema.

I thought I could copy the layers, data connections etc from the
original and just change the data connection to the MySQL database. I
can create a connection to the new MySQL database but when I try and
change the source for the layers, I get a message that states I am
changing to an incompatible date resource and layer settings will reset
to the defaults. This of course means I lose all the feature stylings.

Is there a better way to reuse a given map layout and the associated
layer stylings with new data?

Is there another way to edit the data created by Mapguide Studio that
might allow me to accomplish this?

Is the data created by studio stored as XML or some other format?

George McLean