[mapguide-users] MapGuide Open Source 1.2.0 Beta 2 available for testing

Tom Fukushima tom.fukushima at autodesk.com
Tue May 15 14:53:00 EDT 2007

(Sent to MapGuide Announce and MapGuide Users)

This is to announce that the MapGuide Open Source project
team has made MapGuide Open Source 1.2.0 Beta 2 available
for testing.

Release notes: http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/Release/1.2/Notes
(has information about the current status of MrSID and ECW support).

Documentation: http://mapguide.osgeo.org/1.2/documentation.html
Downloads: http://mapguide.osgeo.org/downloads.html

Summary of the new features as well as updated components
in this release (also listed at http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/roadmap):

Cartographic Enhancements - Phase I
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc14
    * Ability to define simple and composite symbols as XML
      resources
    * Ability to use new symbols for Points and Labeling
      Linear Features (e.g. Highway Shields)

Pragmatic Load Balancing
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc3

Feature Join Enhancements
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc5

Support coordinate system overrides on feature sources
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc6

Support for Unmanaged Data Sources
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc2
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc12

Web interface for previewing a feature source
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc8

Extrusion support for KML
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc16

Line widths specified in map space
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc17

Tile handling enhancements
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc11
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc13

API enhancements
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc9
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc15

Significant performance enhancements in
    * Rendering
    * Tile Serving
    * Joins

Component Updates
    * FDO 3.2.2
    * GDAL 1.4.0
    * PROJ.4 4.5.0
    * PHP 5.2.1

Please continue to enter defects by creating a new
ticket in Trac (http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/). Tickets
can be entered anonymously, but since we may need further
information please ensure that you login or enter contact
information. A login ID can be created using the following
link http://www.osgeo.org/osgeo_userid/.

A summary of the fixed defects in beta 2 can be found at
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/query?status=closed&group=component&resol
ution=fixed&milestone=1.2&order=status
(also available from the release notes at the top of this email.)

Also, special thanks to some of our new code contributors
for this release:
Jose Manuel Cerrejon Gonzalez - for the loading status indicator,
mouse wheel support and scale status bar work.

Atanas Rusev - submitting fixes for compilation issues on FC 6.

Chris Goutanis - submitting fixes for compilation issues on Gentoo.
(We may need to do some more tweaks for this.)

Rex Szeto - for submitting the code for
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc8

There are probably others that I have missed. If you know of anyone
I have missed or if I have missed you, please send me an email and
I'll make sure to update the next notice.