[mapguide-users] RE: 1.2.0 Beta2 stability

Krunoslav a_krunoslav at gmx.net
Wed May 23 17:08:43 EDT 2007

Steve Dang wrote:

> Could you provide detailed steps on how to reproduce the problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve.

Well, I managed to dig something out, I don't know if it helps:
C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource\Server\Logs\Error.log

<2007-05-23T19:55:39> 			Administrator
 Error: An unclassified exception occurred.
 StackTrace:
  - MgTimedEventHandler.handle_timeout line 123 file
c:\build_bond_area\mapguide_open_source_v1.2\build_13.7\mgdev\server\src\core\TimedEventHandler.cpp
  - MgResourceChangeEventHandler.HandleEvent line 76 file
c:\build_bond_area\mapguide_open_source_v1.2\build_13.7\mgdev\server\src\core\ResourceChangeEventHandler.cpp
  - MgServiceManager.DispatchResourceChangeNotifications line 546 file
c:\build_bond_area\mapguide_open_source_v1.2\build_13.7\mgdev\server\src\common\manager\ServiceManager.cpp
  - MgServerResourceService.EnumerateParentMapDefinitions line 1123 file
c:\build_bond_area\mapguide_open_source_v1.2\build_13.7\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\ServerResourceService.cpp
  - MgApplicationRepositoryManager.EnumerateParentMapDefinitions line 698
file
c:\build_bond_area\mapguide_open_source_v1.2\build_13.7\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\ApplicationRepositoryManager.cpp
  - MgApplicationResourceContentManager.EnumerateParentMapDefinitions line
214 file
c:\build_bond_area\mapguide_open_source_v1.2\build_13.7\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\ApplicationResourceContentManager.cpp
An unclassified exception occurred.
<2007-05-23T19:55:40> Application terminated abnormally.
Unknown exception.

This happens in next scenario (at least it happens to me):

User tries to zoom in and zoom out the map few times, with mouse scroll or
with slider: if you want to reproduce such behaviour, open some map, and try
do scroll mouse wheel few times up & down. This is how it happens in my
case.

Also, I saw in apache log, this happens when 3-4 users are on the map at the
same time.

Just to mention, this didn't happen with 1.1, or , at least, 1.1 managed to
restart itself after failure, and 1.2 doesn't.