[mapguide-users] Pulling USERNAME from MapGuide

Rich Bauer rdbauer at gmail.com
Thu May 24 11:24:06 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I am new to this mailing list, so I don't know if this question has been
asked before (I also tried to find it in the archive with no success).
The question is I am trying to let the "user" access the data intended
for them.

Example:  User "Bill" logs on using a log on page and is taken to the
weblayout and everything just fine.  Then when "Bill" tries to access a
command that creates a "Markup" using sample code I found on the
internet, I want "Bill" to be able to access his markup and not
everyones.  In other words, I would like to change the path from:

Library://Markup/     to     Library://Bill/Markup/

The only problem I am having is getting the username, "Bill", into the
string that is sent by the code.

My thought was using the $_REQUEST['USERNAME'] or something, but can't
get it working.  By the way, the user "Bill" is the user under the
MapAdmin panel and that.  Any help would be nice.  Thanks.

Rich