[mapguide-users] MapGuide IIS security issue

Ismael Cams mapguide2007 at gmail.com
Fri May 25 04:05:01 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have created following .aspx page:

<%@ Import Namespace="OSGeo.MapGuide" %>

<script language="VB" runat="server">
    Dim sessionId As String
</script>

<%
    Dim siteMg As New MgSite
    Try
        Dim config As String =
System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("MGEwebconfig")
        MapGuideApi.MgInitializeWebTier(config)

        Dim userInfo As New MgUserInformation("Anonymous", "")

        siteMg.Open(userInfo)
    Catch ex As Exception
        Throw New Exception("Could not connect to MapGuide Site")
    End Try

    Try
        sessionId = siteMg.CreateSession
    Catch ex As Exception
        Throw New Exception("Could not create MapGuide session")
    End Try
    Page.DataBind()
 %>

<head runat="server">
    <title>TestPage</title>
</head>
<frameset rows="80%,20%">

    <frame scrolling=no
src="http://pc01.domain.be/mapguide/mapviewerajax/?WEBLAYOUT=Library://WebLayouts/raadplegen.WebLayout&SESSION=<%#
sessionId %>" id="frmViewer" name="ViewerFrame" />

    <frame id="frmResultaat" name="ResultaatFrame"/>
</frameset>

The .aspx page is part of a separate webapplication and is configured with
Integrated Security (user has to log in to access the page). The MapGuide
webapplication is configured with the default settings (anonymous access),
but still MapGuide is requesting for user and password. I can just cancel
this pop-up and everything is working fine, but of course this is not nice.

Anyone an idea what could the problem here ? Any suggestions how to handle
with MapGuide and Integrated Security (as most of the webapplications need
some protection I would expect this as a basic configuration) ?

Kind regards,
Ismaël