[mapguide-users] [Mapguide studio]?

Mansoureh Sadrykia m_sadrykia at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 04:06:37 EDT 2007

Thanks for your help Kenneth, GEORGE A/S

  I actually would like to see if I can make a weblayout from shape files and display it in http://localhost:8008/mapguide/... by writing PHP code and without using mapguide studio.
  Is that  possible?

  Thanks in advance,

"Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S" <ks at geograf.dk> wrote:
  I'm not sure what you want to do. There is no studio involved in displaying a map.
You can just browse to a layout (mine is called Layout1, and is in the root folder in studio):
http://localhost:8008/mapguide/mapviewerajax/?WEBLAYOUT=Library://Layout1.WebLayout

If you want to remove the Login box, you have to copy paste some code from one of the Viewer Samples (.Net, PHP or Java).

If you want to design another map without studio, I would advise you to try out WebStudio. If you feel *really* adventurous, you can try the http interface, but you will have to be a programmer or similiar to go that way.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S

Mansoureh Sadrykia wrote:     Hi Everybody!

  I'm new in mapguide and have a question; I've used mapguide studio to generate a weblayout from shape files and could display it in the browser in mapguide open source using AJAX Viewer (http://localhost:8008/mapguide). Now I would like to know if I can do the same (display the map of shp filesin internet explorer) WITHOUT using mapguide studio ?
  I'd be thankful if anybody introduce me some example or document for this.

  Thanks alot in advance,