[mapguide-users] Newbie: Tutorial on setting up the server

gingerbbm stuart.jones at jacobs.com
Fri Nov 2 05:34:04 EDT 2007

Hi all

Downloaded and configured everything from http://mapguide.osgeo.org/ to get
the ASP.NET sample up and running. Got my spatial tables in my Oracle
database all set to go. Downloaded King Oracle and am now at the point where
I need to create a connection from the MapGuide server to the Oracle
database.

Can I find any simple steps to follow? Nope. I've been around
http://mapguide.osgeo.org/ a number of times but can't find anything to
assist me. I'm not entirely sure I understand the concepts anyway. There's
talk on these here forums of the AutoDesk product to be used for
configuring.

Could someone give me a bit of background, or perhaps point me somewhere?
Everyone using MapGuide must've been through this before.

Thanks in advance. I'm excited by MapGuide and can't wait to start using it
in earnest.

Cheers
Stuart