[mapguide-users] Layer Visibility

Chris Tallman ctallman at innomap.com
Thu Oct 4 11:12:28 EDT 2007

Has anyone played around with being able to control what layers are
visible based on User or Group?  It would nice to control if a user or
group can see a specific layer.  Is there an easy way to do this?  I was
playing with the permission tab on the layers, however if you change it
so the logging in user doesn't have permission to that layer all you get
is an error message saying you don't have permission to whatever
specific layer.  What would be nice is if there is a layer a user
doesn't have permission to see, the map just skips that layer when the
map is being built.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm listening.

Thanks,

Chris Tallman
Director of GIS Operations
Innovation Mapping, LLC