[mapguide-users] Samples and documentation for MGOS 1.2

Jim O'Leary joleary.public at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 12:55:17 EDT 2007

A few notes on the samples and documentation released with MGOS 1.2.

phpviewersamples
These samples are at:

http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/releases/1.2.0-rc2/samples

...and appears to be the old phpviewersamples, reorganized.

phpsamples
These samples are at:

http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/releases/1.2.0/docs/Samples/

...and appears to be the old devguide samples, updated.

MGP files:
On my system, IE does not download these files correctly. I have to use
Firefox, right-click the link, and choose, "Save target as".

Dev Guide
The MGOpenSourceDevGuide.pdf in the 1.2 distribution at:

C:\Program Files\MapGuideOpenSource\Help

...is not the latest dev guide. The latest is at:
http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/releases/1.2.0/docs/MgOpenSourceDevGuide.pdf

It has some new sections, and clarifies existing sections from the old dev
guide.

As a constructive suggestion, how about putting all of the samples in the
same location? The name "phpvewersample" or "phpsample" is too close to
"mapviewerphp" for newbies. How about the name "devguide" for all of these
samples?

Thanks.