[mapguide-users] How to prepare the unmanaged feature source(shp)?

Mansoureh Sadrykia m_sadrykia at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 16 08:03:10 EDT 2007

Hi List!

  I try to create a feature source of shp files ilocated in a directory other than the repository of mapguide. I have made my aliases in mg site administrator and then wrote the xml file which follows. when I open the mg studio, the feature source is shown there but when I try to make a new layer using the feature source a pop up menu appears saying: The feature source is invalid. Reason: An exception occured in FDO component.
  The connection property 'Temporary File Location' was not found.

  1. Is the way that I use to display the feature source(making new layer) correct?
  2. What's wrong with the xml?

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<FeatureSource xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FeatureSource-1.0.0.xsd">
<Provider>OSGeo.SHP</Provider>
<Parameter>
<Name>DefaultFileLocation</Name>
<Value>%MG_DATA_PATH_ALIAS[san-diego]%study_quads.shp</Value>
</Parameter>
<Parameter>
<Name>Temporary File Location</Name>
<Value>Read only</Value>