[mapguide-users] Re: [mapguide-internals] Is that a BUG?adding a temp layer to map, Map.Save() raise MgNotImplementedException

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Tue Sep 25 13:57:34 EDT 2007

I have no trouble adding temporary feature sources to a map.

You might get that exception if you try to save the wrong class instance.
Beware that the classes are inherited, and calling Save on the base
class might give that exception.
Also beware that there are TWO types of maps, a mapdefinition, and a
runtime map.
You create a runtime map based on a map definition, but not the other way.
You cannot save a runtime map onto a mapdefinition or the other way around.

Take a look at the viewer files, there is some code that does this when
creating buffers.
The code is avalible in the programming language you installed mapguide
with.

Most of the people who read the "internals" list also read the users
list, so there is no need to cross post.

Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S