[mapguide-users] MGE, Base layers and consistent scale ranges

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Wed Sep 26 04:58:24 EDT 2007

Dear all,

I'm using MGE 2008 with MapGuide Studio 2008, and I'm new to Base Layers
concept.

I created one Base Layer with a raster Layer in it. Then I set the nearest
Zoom In (250), farthest Zoom Out (50000) and total number of scales (10)
parameters. End result is autogenerated set of scales. When  I run this map
in Web browser I can zoom only to scales matching the ones in BaseLayer's
autogenerated scale list.

The question is - how do I change single scale in (auto)generated scale
list? I.e. I want to have consistent, geodetic set of scales as in 100, 250,
500, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, ... 50000. Is it doable with MGS at all?

With kindest regards,
Maksim Sestic