[mapguide-users] Coordinate Conversion from Oracle (King) Failing

Crispin at 1Spatial Crispin.Hoult at 1Spatial.com
Fri Sep 28 10:10:28 EDT 2007

Hi (again),

I have Oracle data with a CRSID of 81989 (British National Grid) and
querying with King 0.7.3 in Studio 2008 - when I build maps I always use an
arbitrary X-Y (metres) coordinate system because in the UK there is really
little need to do coordinate conversion.  I "expect" that unknown
coordinates will be passed straight through (as per MapGuide 6.5) but MGOS
seems to be more failsafe.

I have added the following lines to my
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Gis\CoordSys\11g\mapping.txt
but to no avail:
"British National Grid" = "GB_ORD1-MOD"
"Ordnance Survey Great Brit" = "GB_ORD1-MOD"

This is the server error:
ERROR 6: Failed to initialize PROJ.4 with `+ellps=airy +units=m +no_defs '.
projection not named

If I try and preview the data in Studio with the layer I see the WKT of the
coordinate system and the messaage says "The coordinate system is invalid
PROJCS <[WKT defn]>"
Could not create coordinate system forward transformation with specified
coordinate systems. Exception occurred in method
MgCoordinateSystem.MgCoordinateSystem at line 77 in file
c:\build_bond_area\mapguide_open_source_v1.2\build_18.1\mgdev\common\geometry\CoordinateSystem/CoordinateSystem.cpp

Is Studio erroring based on the Mentor 11g libs it installs and Server
erroring on PROJ libs?
Is there a way to add a CS to PROJ?
It would be nice to define a coordinate system override in the Layer
definition also...

Any help greatly appreciated,

 Crispin