[mapguide-users] MgOs V2.0 memory problems

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 07:32:28 EDT 2008

there is a big overhead in using oracle, basically FDO involves
getting a WKT type
datatype out of oracle spatial datatype which is quite an overhead.

if you try using the oracle WKT functions via sql you will see a
similar conversion overhead

Your better off moving static data into SDF's to avoid that conversion
every time you
make a map  or at least make use of tiled maps for base oracle layers.

That said, you shouldn't be having the problems your seeing...

generalising your data might help... what's the tolerance of your data?
depending on what your doingthere's not much point in making maps at
street level with
data that is down to say 5mm if you get my drift, when 1m would suffice

how does it perform with just a single oracle layer? can you isolate
the problem down a bit?

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 9:04 PM, Marius_360 <marius at openspatial.co.za> wrote:

>  Hi All
>
>  My map runs on Windows Server 2003, Oracle 10Gr2, Mapguide Opensource 2 and
>  the latest King providers but I am encountering problems when zooming in a
>  few times. After zooming in 2-3 times I get no more response from the map
>  i.e a blank screen and no more loading. When I have a look at the server
>  memory usage, the mapguide service is using 75% of the total available ram
>  (1.5gb out of 2gb).When I close the map as well as Studio the memory is not
>  freed up. After restarting the server and opening the map again the memory
>  used steadily climbs up to 1.5gb again. The oracle spatial layers I am using
>  so far are not even close to that size, so I don't know what the problem is.
>
>  Does anyone have an Idea what is happening?
>
>  Regards,
>
>  Marius
>  --

Zac Spitzer -