[mapguide-users] MapStudio OS 1.0.6

Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Tue Apr 15 15:29:15 EDT 2008

Hello list.

I have just put up version 1.0.6 of MapStudio Open Source at the usual
location:
http://code.google.com/p/mapstudioos/

The main features for this release are:

* Every FDO provider has a customized editor
You no longer have remember how to construct the connectionstrings,
there are fields for everything.
In case the editor does not fulfill your needs, you can switch between
the "raw" entries and the editor.
Now supports browsing "alias" folders, if set up in the Site Admin.

* Improved WebLayout editor
Thanks to some helpfull sugestions from Andrew DeMerchant I have fixed
many bugs in the WebLayout editor.
It is now also possible to edit the built in commands, in case you want
to translate them.

* Improved Linux support
I have done a surface test and fix of the application under Linux, and
it appears to be a little flacky but working.

* Improved rename/move engine
If you move a resource MapStudio will now correctly update all items
that use the resource.
This also goes for creating a copy of a folder, where all items in the
folder will be re-assigned references within the new folder.

And as always, many bugfixes. As always, take a backup before trying
MapStudio with production data.
I do not have all possible dataformats for testing, so some editors
might be a little broken.
Please report errors or improvement suggestions on the issue tracker:
http://code.google.com/p/mapstudioos/issues/list

Many thanks to José for providing the spanish translation, and many
thanks to the people who reported problems and suggestions.

For the next release I have plans for:
* Build raster index file, like Jason's PHP script, but directly in
MapStudio
* Add a resource validator that can run on a folder or the entire site
* Build a manager that can modify, load, save and build MGP files

--
Regards, Kenneth, GEOGRAF A/S