[mapguide-users] Precision when selecting polygons

Krunoslav a_krunoslav at gmx.net
Thu Apr 17 02:09:30 EDT 2008

Dave Wilson-3 wrote:

> If you are using MGOS 2.0 then you can theme on the joined columns. You
> can't in the 1.2 version. A join between an SHP and a table in MySQL
> should work in 2.0 and allow selection since the selection is based on the
> SHP. The searching should also work on the join since theming and
> searching are both filters.

Ok, here is what I did and did not:

I can make a join in studio, and I can see columns which to join: it is
parcel_id from SHP and parcel_id from MySQL. both columns show when creating
join.
Also, when trying to make a layer from this join, I go to theme and when I
click on GET button, it "pulls" out all columns so I can select on what
property to make a theme.
I also choosed to show all properties when clicking on polygon.

BUT:
Layer is not themed, all parcels are blank, and when I click on polygon, all
properties are empty.

So, this is now weird: connection to mysql obviously works, but there is
something wrong with join or something. How to debug this or to find out
what's wrong?