[mapguide-users] Expressions

btenbroeck btenbroeck at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 07:02:49 EDT 2008

I'm trying to do a simple Concatenation of a String descriptor and a numeric
field like:
concat('Test String: ', NUMFIELD) and I get back that the datatypes don't
match. (This in MGE Studio 2009)
If you look in the help for expressions, there is a TOSTRING function
referenced, however when I use it, I get and unreferenced function when I
validate, and if I just use it like this:
concat('Test String: ', TOSTRING(NUMFIELD)) it bombs. (It actually takes the
service down.)

So I guess a few questions -
Are the expression functions mentioned in the help file of Studio actually
implemented yet?
If so, can someone give me the proper syntax for the above?
And if not implemented, is there a workaround?

Thanks