[mapguide-users] Adding/removing temporary layers from session repository

J Manafi jonathan.manafi at cctechnol.com
Mon Apr 28 12:57:04 EDT 2008

We are trying to allow users to define temporary, session layers with custom
symbols as icons. They are able to add layers to the map, where we create
the LayerDefinitions and store them in the repository. We now want to allow
them to remove layers from the map. To do that, I have setup a script that
deletes the FeatureSource from the repository and then deletes the
LayerDefinition too. Everything seems to work; however, when we try to
redefine a layer with the same name but different symbols, the map displays
the update correctly but the legend shows the originally defined symbol as
the layer icon.

But, in FireBug, when I inspect the html for generating the legend layer
icon, it shows the updated symbol information as the image. We are
performing mapFrame refreshes, and manually refreshing the legend makes no
difference for the icon.

Is there something that I am forgetting to do in the process in order to be
able to remove and then redefine a LayerDefinition in the session repository
with a different symbol set?