[mapguide-users] How do i load raster in MGOS 2?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Aug 4 11:54:09 EDT 2008

jamesdudden wrote:
> Wow, wow and wow - thank you.
>
> I have just seen my first raster image working - it was a real moment for
> me. Thanks for the link.
>
> What i want to know now is why these work and others don't.
>
> Some tif files don't even show up when i click preview/view data on the
> feature data. Can anybody explain this?

James,

I would encourage you to examine the files that work, and the files that
don't with gdalinfo - a GDAL commandline utility available as part of FWTools
(http://fwtools.maptools.org/)

I'd guess the files that aren't working have no recognisable georeferencing
information or perhaps don't have proper coordinate system information.  If
you include the gdalinfo report from a working and a non-working file I may
be able to provide some further advice.

Best regards,