[mapguide-users] trouble replicating interstate symbol definition

J Manafi jonathan.manafi at cctechnol.com
Mon Aug 4 17:16:30 EDT 2008

I have been reading RFC 14 to understand composite features, and so far, it
has gone well. However, up until now, I haven't used any images in the
symbol definition. I tried replicating the interstate using a highway badge,
stored as a .png file in a symbol library, and I am having no luck. I simply
copied and pasted the xml for the symbol, changing my library paths, and I
only get the text to show up. Here's what I did:

-downloaded image of highway badges
-cropped image to one I needed
-uploaded to symbol library through studio 2008
-copy/pasted code for symbol definition and changed path
-tried creating layer using pointing to symbol

I first tried only the highway badge. But after that, I tried a
CompoundSymbolDefinition that included 2 paths to draw the road in yellow
and black. Everything but the badge showed up. I thought maybe editing the
image caused some issues, but I was able to use the image as a W2D stream in
a PointSymbolization2D layer.

Can anyone help me determine what I have done wrong here? My setup is MGOS
1.2, win XP, apache + php.

I am including the files that I used to go through this process.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p18820020/Symbol%2BDef.txt Symbol Def.txt
http://www.nabble.com/file/p18820020/Layer%2BDef.txt Layer Def.txt
http://www.nabble.com/file/p18820020/interstate.png interstate.png