[mapguide-users] trouble replicating interstate symbol definition

Jonathan Manafi jonathan.manafi at cctechnol.com
Thu Aug 7 13:20:27 EDT 2008

Hmm...I just tried that as well, and the process worked, in that it
created a symbol with that information. However, when I tried using it
on the map, it again displayed nothing for me.

One other question Martin: When I tried uploading the xml to the server,
I got an error message with an exception thrown with a validation error
message. I had received that in Studio as well, because
<SimplSymbolDefinition> needs a 'version=1.0.0' attribute. So, I
included that, but I still got an error. It wasn't until I had declared
at the top of the file

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <SimpleSymbolDefinition
    xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="SymbolDefinition-1.0.0.xsd"
    version="1.0.0">

that I got it load to the server. Did you never have to go through this
in order to save your files?

Thanks.

The exact error message was

    An exception occurred in the XML parser.

An exception occurred in the XML parser. Exception occurred in method
MgResourceContentManager.ValidateDocument at line 556 in file
c:\build_bond_area\mapguide_open_source_v1.2\build_18.1\mgdev\server\src\services\resource\ResourceContentManager.cpp