[mapguide-users] fusion - default tool selected?

Mike Adair madair at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Aug 7 13:24:09 EDT 2008

Jason,

Not all widgets have an activateTool method (maybe they should?), and
for the Pan widget that just calls mapWidget.activateWidget.  It's
probably best to call mapWidget.activateWidget because the mapWidget
keeps track of which widget is currently active, so that only one
mutually exclusive widget will be active at a time.

Documenting th API is a matter of applying the time and resources to
that issue.  mapWidget.activateWidget() would be the preferred API to
use in my opinion.

Mike