[mapguide-users] UnManagedData Slow

Rock Beans rockbeans at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 16:15:30 EDT 2008

Unmanaged is separate from pooling as pooling was a work around to
speed things up when unmanaged was broke. Pooling works on managed and
unmanaged data. Looking back it really did not help the issue at all.
I have heard unmanaged shp (multiple within one folder) is still an
issue though I have yet to prove that. I would also love confirmation
that we can start dumping 20-40 shp files in one aliased folder to
eliminate the need for load procedures and multiple feature sources.

The Rock