[mapguide-users] Lack of coordinate systems

Joanne Cook j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk
Fri Aug 22 11:42:42 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I've just finished compiling the latest version of mapguide on Ubuntu 8.04, and I (eventually) got through without any (obvious) failures or errors. BUT, when I try and use coordinate systems in either Mapguide Maestro or the webtier tests, I only have access to arbitrary XY coordinate systems. With the webtier tests, if I try and ennumerate the coordinate systems, the category LatLongs is visible but I get the following error:

The coordinate system initialization failed. Could not read the category from the category dictionary.

If I try and convert EPSG to WKT I get the following error:

The coordinate system conversion failed. Could not convert to WKT from EPSG code: 27700. Internal error: Unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv. Try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable to point to the directory containing EPSG csv files.

I have found the gcs.csv file (in /usr/local/mapguideopensource/server/bin/data) and have set GDAL_DATA to that folder, but it doesn't seem to make any difference and I get the same error message.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks

Jo

Joanne Cook