[mapguide-users] categories.txt problem

Joanne Cook j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk
Fri Aug 29 08:15:26 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I believe that my ubuntu 8.04 installation is experiencing bug 582 http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/582, but I cannot get the fix to work. Things I have tried:

1) Copying categories.txt to /usr/local/mapguideopensource/server/bin/nad
2) ditto /data
3) Rename the original copy of categories.txt in /server/bin to something different (to pretend it's not there)

In between these steps I have restarted my machine each time. But when I enumerate the categories in mapagent I still just see the default arbitrary coordinate systems listed.

Can someone who has this working go through the steps with me to ensure I have it correct? For example, are there any other locations for categories.txt, should they be copied or moved, what permissions should be set?

Many thanks

Jo

Joanne Cook
Senior IT Support and Development