[mapguide-users] using php_oci8.dll with fastcgi

Jonathan Manafi jonathan.manafi at cctechnol.com
Fri Dec 12 11:07:33 EST 2008

We are using MGOS 1.2 with apache server, and we would like to enable
the php_oci8.dll extension but cannot because every time we start apache
with it enabled, each instance of php-cgi.exe throws an unhandled
exception. Through testing, it looks to be caused by running in fastcgi
mode.

Under a fresh install of apache 2.2.x, the extension is usable and
causes no problems. Under a fresh install of apache 2.0.55(version used
in MG 1.2), the extension is usable as long as the fastcgi_module isn't
loaded.

Using the httpd.conf file from Mapguide installation directories, we
tried commenting out modules to see which ones we absolutely needed to
run apache and see which php extensions are loaded, and every time
apache loaded, exceptions were thrown. Once we commented 'LoadModule
fastcgi_module modules/mod_fastcgi-AP2.so' and then the corresponding
configuration for fastcgi, we were able to run apache in cgi mode and
load the oci8 extension.

Has anyone tried running this oci8 extension while in fastcgi mode and
been successful? Is it something that can be corrected within the
configuration files?

Thanks for any assistance

P.S. This is on a Windows XP SP2 box and we hadn't upgraded to MGOS 2.x
yet because there were some outstanding issues that prevented us from
moving our production sites forward.