[mapguide-users] Does anyone use Feature Joins?

JonnieGIS at PAT jmatpat at yahoo.ca
Fri Dec 12 11:23:34 EST 2008

We have one site where Feature Joins are used extensively but they must be
setup properly (indexes, isnull, SDF indexes, one to one joins and using
roles to limit tables) and we use them in conjunction with automated
procedures.  We have found that when we modify the session map using just
FDO ODBC connections for points in .NET it takes approximately 5 seconds (2
of actual processing) however if we use a combination of SDF/ODBC it is
about 1/10 of a second.  Can't explain why that would be...but it means we
process the coordinates into an SDF and then join to the db for the
attributes.  The Feature Joins are also used for dynamic theming on this
site.