[mapguide-users] ASP.NET Frames Postback problem (mapFrame is not accessible after postback)

nelyass.heglig at gnpoc.com nelyass.heglig at gnpoc.com
Mon Dec 15 23:39:39 EST 2008

Dears,

I have a little problem with ASP.NET frames:

When I first access the asp page everything is working fine, and the
mapFrame is accessible via: parent.parent.mapFrame

But when I make postback from the hidden frame formFrame using
formFrame.Submit() function after sending info to the server and
specifying the same asp page as the pageUrl and target frame is
taskFrame, the mapFrame will only be accessible via: parent.mapFrame.

The page is reloaded in the taskFrame but it works as it has been moved
up one level.

(in other words, my javascript functions for digitizing features will
not work and it gives me and error: parent.parent.mapFame is null or not
an object. Despite it was working properly before the postback.)

I solved my problem by specifying the target frame to scriptFrame and
leave the asp page in the taskFrame as it is without reloading it where
the java scripts functions work fine.

Have anyone come across such a problem?
I want to know the reason of it.

Thanks