[mapguide-users] Problem with LL83-WP!

gom gord.mckenzie at canam.com
Mon Feb 4 13:31:52 EST 2008

I have a dataset in access that uses west positive degrees.  My map is
UTM83-10.  When I draw the data the LL data set is North of the expected
location by 3 or 4 million meters and west by several hundred thousnd
meters.

If I use an update query to make the longitude negative and set my
coordinate system to LL83, everything draws perfectly.  Seems like a problem
with the LL83-WP definition but I have not looked deeply into it.

Am using the Mapstudio for authoring and the Open Source 1.2 server.  I know
Studio uses the same libraries as AutoCAD Map etc.  I don't think the open
source serfver does.  Is there any thing in the Proj files that I might be
missing?  Do I need to define the LL83-WP there?

Thanks