[mapguide-users] Local drive vs Network drive with MGOS (Vista/XP)

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Tue Feb 19 18:25:02 EST 2008

In Windows Explorer on your virtual machine, can you login and successfully
connect to the network locations in question?  If so, then the problem is
that the MapGuide Windows Service itself does not have necessary rights to
that location and is most likely running under a local system account (by
default) that does not have the necessary network privileges to that
location.  Go into Windows Services, find your MapGuide Open Source service,
go to it's properties, then to the Log On tab and change the account that it
runs under as one that has the correct privileges to those network
locations.

If this is not your problem and you cannot connect to network locations
outside of your VMWare instance under any circumstances, then you may have a
problem with your VMWare network adapter.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
http://www.SpatialGIS.com