[mapguide-users] FW: Problems while labeling polylines

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Tue Jan 1 18:33:53 EST 2008

The stitching part is independent of the composite line styles. The specific data source should not have an effect. The custom projection should not matter either.

As far as the logic for composite line styles, it is located at line 99 of StylizationUtil.cpp. The code has to enter the if condition in order for it to work (the comments there explain a bit of what's going on). If you look at the logic there and compare to your XML LayerDefinition, you may be able to tell why your line style definition does not conform to what the code expects.

The stitching code is not very smart, it uses a fixed 2 pixel Manhattan distance between line endpoints as the limit (it does all the math in pixel space, but in double precision). The relevant code is in LabelRendererBase.cpp, function CloseEnough().

Traian