[mapguide-users] MG1.2.0: OGRProvider connection to PostgreSQL

schwanzy schwanzy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 10:42:28 EST 2008

Hello,
    how do I connect MapGuide OS 1.2.0 to PostgreSQL 8.1?

I downloaded
http://download.osgeo.org/fdo/3.2.2/OGRProvider-3.2.2.win32.zip,
extracted to FDOs directory, then added:

  <FeatureProvider>
    <Name>OSGeo.OGR.0.1</Name>
    <DisplayName>OSGeo FDO Provider for OGR </DisplayName>
    <Description>Access to OGR data sources. </Description>
    <IsManaged>False</IsManaged>
    <Version>3.2.2.0</Version>
    <FeatureDataObjectsVersion>3.2.2.0</FeatureDataObjectsVersion>

<LibraryPath>C:\Programmi\MapGuideOpenSource\Server\Bin\FDO\OGRProvider.dll</LibraryPath>
  </FeatureProvider>

to providers.xml and restarted MGOS.

In MapGuide Studio 2008:

    [connection properties]
       DataSource            PG: host=10.1.1.150 dbname=myDB user=myUser
password=myPassword
       ReadOnly               FALSE
       username:            myUser
       password:            myPassword

"Verify connection" is ok, but when I try to see a preview it complains:

       Invalid argument(s): [1] = "0" The value is invalid because it is
too large.

and there is no log in /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-8.1-main.log.

If I set:

    [connection properties]
       DataSource            PG: host=10.1.1.150 dbname=myDB
       ReadOnly               FALSE
       username:            myUser
       password:            myPassword

"Verify connection" complains:

    An exception occurred in FDO component. Connect failed: PQconnectdb
failed. FATAL role "SYSTEM" does not exist

and in /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-8.1-main.log I see that MG tried
tto connect as SYSTEM and not as the specified user.

Any idea?

Regards