[mapguide-users] Changing Visibility for one layer affects others

nclayton nclayton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 10:30:10 EST 2008

Hi all,
I am trying to add functionality to toggle raster images on and off to my
map. I have the raster images on a layer called aerial. I am calling a php
page with the following function call in the scriptFrame:

        toggleLayer($sessionId,$mapName,"aerial");

The function is:

	function toggleLayer($sessId,$mapName,$layerName){
		try{
			$userInfo = new MgUserInformation($sessId);
			$siteConnection = new MgSiteConnection();
			$siteConnection->Open($userInfo);
			$ressvc = $siteConnection->CreateService(MgServiceType::ResourceService);
			$map = new MgMap();
			$map->Open($ressvc,$mapName);
			$tlyr = $map->GetLayers()->GetItem($layerName);
			$tlyr->SetVisible(!($tlyr->GetVisible()));
			$map->Save($ressvc);
		}catch(Exception $e){

		}
	}

This is causing the layer to become visible, but it is also causing other
layers to not be visible.
I've made a page with images showing what is happening, and it is located
at:

http://www.tscmaps.com/issue.htm http://www.tscmaps.com/issue.htm

Thank you for your help